Monday, September 22, 2014

I've been out of high school 10 years already!?!

After living from our bicycles for 5 days, we were excited to get back into our home and on the road again! We had a long drive back and spend the night in Colorado Springs. Getting in late, we didn't expect to see to many people. Lucky for us, a group of our friends was hanging out downtown! We met up with them for an hour or so at Brewer's Republic. This was the scene of our going away party and the end to the last part of the night I remember. I turned pretty red when the bartender
came up to me and remembered me! I wasn't very proud of that, but we all ended up laughing about it:) It was great to see everybody even if it was only a few weeks after we had left.
In the morning, we headed onward to Wichita, KS to visit my family and go to my 10 year high school reunion from Andover High School! I can't believe its been 10 years, but I was excited to see people and catch up a bit. I was so proud to bring Zach and share about our adventure! It was so fun to learn about my other classmates adventures as well! I can't believe we are all grown up!
My preschool buddies! Me, Stacy Simmer, and Andy LeValley.

Jay and I were best friends growing up and had a fun time talking about our grown up lives:) 

Pre-picture picture:)

My twin, Erin Reusser.
While we were home, I made an appointment with a seamstress who specializes in updating older wedding dresses. My family was all free, so my grandmother, mother, aunt and cousin all headed out to Derby to meet with this lady. It was such a fun experience to share with my Grammy! I am wearing her wedding dress and just having a few things updated and fitted to me. She and I are so excited with the sketch the designer came up with! I am so excited to share this with my Grammy! I can't post the pictures, but I can't wait to wear it!!
Back at my parents house in Benton, we enjoyed spending time with everybody and doing some reorganizing again on the van. Megan and I had an epic fooseball match, which I came out on top of this time! Its been awhile since I could win:) She also decided to buy my car which made me so happy! It was such a relief to finally sell it and exciting to know somebody great is taking over the car:) We also left a bunch of stuff that we've discovered we don't need at my parents. Its so great to have a place to store things and do laundry! Thanks, Mom and Dad!
Monday morning, we headed to Kansas City to visit my friend from college, Ciara and her husband Logan. They are foster parents and we got to meet the kiddos they are loving at the moment! I am so proud of them and their hearts to love kids and give them such a wonderful home to be in! Thanks for sharing your morning with us!!!
It had been a while since we climbed, so we were anxious to find some places to climb again! Jackson Falls is an area in southern Illinois and we had a great time exploring and meeting other climbers! Its a great place to sport climb and a beautiful area to hike around in. I did some lead climbing and followed some of the harder climbs Zach lead! It was a great few days with the bonus of free camping!!
Repelling while drinking coffee:)

First lead climb of the day! 5.8 with fun holds!

A little egg in a bird's nest.

Free camping!!!

Great scenery down by the Railroad Area.

Zach the route finder:)
Yesterday, we headed down to Nashville to visit some of our friends who recently moved from Colorado Springs, Elizabeth and Paolo. They have three beautiful children who we love spending time with. Zach even got to experience Elizabeth's fun breakfasts she used to make for me this morning! Thank you for taking time to spend with us!! We love you guys and will visit again soon:)
Now we are doing a quick load of laundry and then heading to Knoxville, TN for some climbing near there! Anybody in the area, come join us!!
Our beautiful friend, Elizabeth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment